The tastiest, carb free you’ll ever eat! Naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, kissed with the nutty flavors of toasted nuts and topped with fresh fruit. This paleo/keto friendly, Dutch style pancake can’t be beat!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 3 Tbs. pure maple syrup, plus additional for topping
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest or ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 ½ Tbs. toasted walnut oil plus additional for topping (The Olive Mill)
- 1 cup fresh berries or sliced banana
- 2-3 Tbs. toasted walnuts for topping (optional)
- Prepare the pancake batter at least 1 hour before baking. Using a blender combine the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, almond extract, almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Puree until smooth.
- Preheat the oven 400. Place the toasted walnut oil in a 9 inch pie pan. Place the pan in the oven for 3 minutes to heat the oil. Next pour the prepared pancake batter over the heated oil, place back in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until set.
- Remove the pancake from the oven, top with fresh fruit and drizzle with toasted walnut oil and pure maple syrup. Serve warm.