Easy to prepare and perfectly glazed these chops make an everyday dinner an elegant event. When paired with “Roasted Maple Squash Puree” and peas the meal is tasty and complete.
Maple Mustard Pork Chops
- 1-2 pounds pork chops
- sea salt, pepper and garlic powder for seasoning
- 2 Tbs. whole grain mustard or brown mustard
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mustard and maple syrup.
- The pork chops are best when served hot out of the pan therefore have ready the dinner plates and side dishes ready prior to cooking.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops to the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes, until seared then flip. (The chops will be seared when they lift easily from the pan)
- Top the chops with the maple mustard sauce, cook for 1-2 minute longer until just cooked through.
For a juicy, tender pork chop I like to remove the pan heat when they are med-well done. They then finish cooking for a minute or two in the pan with out the heat. An over cooked pork chop can be tough and chewy.