Egg salad is a staple in my home fridge. It is one of my children’s favorite ways to eat their eggs. It is handy for a fast and filling breakfast or lunch and in this case an elegant appetizer for your next brunch.
Egg Salad with Endive
Recipe Type: Appetizer/Brunch
- 12 large hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced*
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickle
- 1/3 cup organic mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry dill
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2-3 heads baby Belgium endive
- Shredded radicchio or fresh dill for garnish
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, dill and pepper. Stir until well combined and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Carefully separate the endive leaves, wash and dry them.
- Arrange the leaves on you serving platter. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the prepared salad on each leaf.
- Garnish with shredded radicchio and or fresh dill and serve.
For a tip on how to boil eggs see How to Hard Boil Eggs.