Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
Lean, succulent and simple, these tasty shrimp are wonderful on any summer day. A perfect partner for Pineapple Pepper Slaw, homemade guacamole, Pico De Gallo (found on pg 52 of Pure Food Joy!) and margaritas too. Yum!
- 5-6 grill skewers
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp turbinado sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- fresh lime wedges
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them overnight in water to prevent charring on the grill.
- In a medium bowl combine the salt, sugar, garlic powder, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss until coated, then skewer the shrimp.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Brush the grill with olive oil. Grill the shrimp until just pink and firm on one side, 2-3 minutes, then flip and grill the other side for 1-2 minutes until done. Serve the shrimp hot with a squeeze of fresh lime and your favorite summer sides.